Beginning July 1, 2013 there will be several changes to residential waste collection in the City of Sacramento. As a result of these changes there will be no rate increases for recycling and solid waste services through June 2015.
· Every Other Week Recycling – all residential customers will either be on an A or B week schedule for recycling collection. You can “Find Your Service Day” and download the free Sac311 App to get text alerts or email reminders for your recycle collection week at www.sacrecycle.org.
· Service Day Changes – collection days in certain parts of the City will be changing. A notice confirming your recycle week and service day was sent at the end of May. You can also use our “Find Your Service Day” tool at www.sacrecycle.org or call 311 to confirm your collection day.
· Containerized Yard Waste – all residential customers will be required to use a container for weekly yard waste collection. Containers are automatically being delivered in the month of June to those customers who do not currently have one yet and weekly service will begin the week of July 1. Your service day will be the same as your garbage day. The city will no longer collect loose yard waste piles in the street except during leaf season. For former year-round loose-in-the-street customers the last week of street collection will be June 24, 2013.
· Leaf Season – Citywide loose-in-the-street collection of yard waste piles will occur November through January. Customers will be able to use their yard waste container for weekly pickup as well as place extra material out in a loose pile on the street in front of their residence during leaf season only.
· Appointment Based Neighborhood Clean-Up Returns – all residential customers will be able to make one free appointment a year for the pickup of any bulky items including excessive yard waste. Program details are available at sacrecycle.org. Residents can call 311 or visit www.sac311.org to request an appointment.
· Free Dump Coupon – Starting in July, residents will be able to call 311 to request one free dump coupon to self-haul a load of waste to the Sacramento Recycling and Transfer Station.
More information on all these changes is available at www.sacrecycle.org or call 311 if you have questions.