Subscribe to our Newsletter!
- Meet the New Top Cop November 10, 2017
- Run to Feed the Hungry Course Map November 10, 2017
- Asthma is Serious—Check Before You Burn November 5, 2017
- East Sac Columnist Looks at Homelessness October 29, 2017
- East Sacramento—Join the Conversation, Excellent Symposium Opportunity October 20, 2017
Tag Archives: Sacramento Community groups
Paula Peper held the attention of more than sixty people tonight with her talk about the history of East Sacramento (with a focus on trees). Historical slides, beautiful photos and a deep understanding of our history informed Peper’s presentation. She’s a thorough and literate historian who can also move a crowd.
“When I start to research a neighborhood I knock on doors and ask ‘Who is the oldest person on the block?’ This gets me to the person who remembers the most and has the greatest wealth of information,” said Peper. This attention to detail and intuitive instinct about how to unearth information has made Peper into a nationally known researcher.
ESP was pleased to raffle off multiple copies of her books and showcase her talent.
“This is just what we need, a positive meeting about our heritage and the work that needs to be done going forward. The community came together in a positive way tonight,” said Pat Lynch.