Subscribe to our Newsletter!
- East Sacramento—Join the Conversation, Excellent Symposium Opportunity October 20, 2017
- East Sac’s Designated High School—Hiram Johnson Athletic Fields Assessment October 19, 2017
- East Sacramento Neighbor Lunch Meet up October 17, 2017
- 2nd Annual ESP Scholarship Fundraiser Event October 11, 2017
- Fall 2017 Advocate East Sacramento Newsletter September 27, 2017
Tag Archives: parks and rec
Contact: Marycon Young, Media & Communications Specialist, 916-808-4751
City needs more lifeguards for 2017 summer pool season
A cool job in a splashy environment awaits you. What are you waiting for? Dive in.
City of Sacramento Parks and Recreation Department is currently seeking lifeguards to work at one of the City’s 17 community pools. More than 80 lifeguard positions are still needed for the 2017 summer season.
Individuals at least 16 years of age, currently certified, or meet the lifeguard course prerequisites are encouraged toapply. For those that need training, scholarships are available to applicants interested in attending the Lifeguard Academy. The Aquatics Section offers American Red Cross Lifeguard Training All interested applicants must sign up through the City’s aquatics website.
Lifeguard Academy application deadlines:
- Thursday, June 8
Course dates: June 19 to June 23, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Thursday, July 13
Course dates: July 19 to July 23 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For those that are certified later in the summer, those individuals will be able to work a partial pool season, and be trained for the following year.
As a lifeguard, individuals can earn $10.50 – $12.75 an hour, teach children how to swim, learn how to save a life, and help put on special events and programs that benefit the community.