Subscribe to our Newsletter!
- California International Marathon Map—December 3rd November 28, 2017
- Meet the New Top Cop November 10, 2017
- Run to Feed the Hungry Course Map November 10, 2017
- Asthma is Serious—Check Before You Burn November 5, 2017
- East Sac Columnist Looks at Homelessness October 29, 2017
Tag Archives: home/room sharing
Community meeting set for Wednesday, Sept. 9 at City Hall
A community meeting will allow City of Sacramento residents and businesses an opportunity to discuss new rules for short-term rentals within private homes through websites such as AirBnB. The meeting is slated for Wednesday, Sept. 9, in the Sacramento City Hall lobby, 915 I St., from 5:30 to 7 p.m.
Councilmembers and staff want to hear from the community about whether or not there should be regulations on the “home/room sharing” industry, and if so, then to what degree. AirBnB operates a web platform enabling property owners to rent out a room/house short-term.
Topics up for discussion include:
- a cap on the number of nights a home or room can be rented in one year without triggering a requirement for the property owner to obtain a conditional use permit and related one-time fees
- ensuring that the 12 percent transit occupancy tax on the nightly rental fee is being paid
- the challenges and opportunities for Sacramento in the vacation rental industry
There are about 170 properties within City limits currently listed on AirBnB.
After the community meeting, the item will be heard at the City’s Law and Legislation Committee meeting, followed by the Planning and Design Commission meeting before being heard by City Council.