Subscribe to our Newsletter!
- Important Homeless/Parks City Neighborhood Meeting With Steve Hansen November 16, 2015
- Jobs Available at Sacramento City Unified School District November 13, 2015
- Assm. McCarty Meeting—Location: Clunie Clubhouse East Sacramento Room October 30, 2015
- A Block of East Sacramento on the Sales Block—Near McVillage October 28, 2015
- David Lubin Event Tonight—Public School Information October 27, 2015
Monthly Archives: August 2011
Below is a message from Friends of Bertha Henschel.
Allegra Lampley here (the new leader of Friends of Bertha Henschel).
On Saturday, September 3rd from 1pm to 10 pm, D Street will be closed between 40th and San Antonio for the party of the year!
It’s a musical/BQQ extravaganza and all profits will go to save Bertha Henschel Pool.
There will be a bounce house, water slide, volleyball, live music, eats and beer.
The cost is only $5 a plate (kids free) for all-you-can-eat BBQ by grill master Jon James. It’s a screamin’ deal!
The best part is you’ll get to see two awesome local bands, Dog Party and Prieta. I encourage you to check them out on YouTube.
So please, invite your friends, and cruise on over for a great time.
There will be signs posted on McKinley Blvd. Just follow the sounds of music and laughter and the smell of sizzling burgers…
An East Sacramento community non-profit, Friends of East Sacramento, is proposing to manage McKinley Park’s Community Center and Rose Garden. Attached is their proposal. At this time East Sacramento Preservation has no comment on the proposal but does request timely full disclosure and transparency regarding this proposal and any City action that may ensue.