Subscribe to our Newsletter!
- Purchase King’s Tickets to Help with Projects at McKinley and Fund Neighborhood Scholarship February 12, 2017
- Update on McKinley Village November 14, 2016
- Residential Areas Near McKinley Park Face Potential Changes to Building Codes September 27, 2016
- McKinley Pond Renovation Update September 25, 2016
- Lawsuit Against McKinley Village – Appellate Court Hearing Set September 18, 2016
Monthly Archives: November 2010
When you head east into Sacramento on I-80 you see them—row after row of tree lined streets. Few cities boast an urban forest as rich and mature as Sacramento’s. Currently, the health of the canopy is entrusted to the city’s Urban Forest Division , and the Sacramento Tree Foundation. Thanks to the Tree Foundation you can take a self guided tour of McKinley Park’s trees in East Sacramento.
November through February is the time for NO BURN DAYS in the Sacramento Valley. When the air quality reaches high levels of pollutants residents must not light indoor or outdoor fire places, fire pits or wood stoves. Go to the Spare the Air to check if it’s a NO BURN DAY. Fines for burning on these days will result in a $50 fine for the first offense or attendance at an air quality awareness class. Check before you burn.