Subscribe to our Newsletter!
- Next Water Vault Meeting July 24, 2017
- McKinley Park Water Vault Meeting June 13, 2017
- Judy’s Notes From McKinley Pond June 6, 2017
- CKM Student Awarded 2017 East Sacramento Preservation Scholarship May 29, 2017
- East Sacramento Preservation Scholarship Deadline Looming! May 1, 2017
Monthly Archives: November 2010
When you head east into Sacramento on I-80 you see them—row after row of tree lined streets. Few cities boast an urban forest as rich and mature as Sacramento’s. Currently, the health of the canopy is entrusted to the city’s Urban Forest Division , and the Sacramento Tree Foundation. Thanks to the Tree Foundation you can take a self guided tour of McKinley Park’s trees in East Sacramento.
November through February is the time for NO BURN DAYS in the Sacramento Valley. When the air quality reaches high levels of pollutants residents must not light indoor or outdoor fire places, fire pits or wood stoves. Go to the Spare the Air to check if it’s a NO BURN DAY. Fines for burning on these days will result in a $50 fine for the first offense or attendance at an air quality awareness class. Check before you burn.