- Clang Clang Clang Went the Trolley March 29, 2015
- This Man Knows Sacramento—Free Book Raffle March 29, 2015
- Neighbors Build Community With Earth Day Musical Event March 22, 2015
- Mark Your Calendars!! Free Speaker Series Presents Historian Bill Burg—East Sac History/Our Trolley Car System March 17, 2015
- Watering Rules Are Back March 10, 2015
Get East Sac Preservation Updates Right in your Email!
Click here to get your ad on our site as a sponsor.
Monthly Archives: November 2010
When you head east into Sacramento on I-80 you see them—row after row of tree lined streets. Few cities boast an urban forest as rich and mature as Sacramento’s. Currently, the health of the canopy is entrusted to the city’s Urban Forest Division , and the Sacramento Tree Foundation. Thanks to the Tree Foundation you can take a self guided tour of McKinley Park’s trees in East Sacramento.
November through February is the time for NO BURN DAYS in the Sacramento Valley. When the air quality reaches high levels of pollutants residents must not light indoor or outdoor fire places, fire pits or wood stoves. Go to the Spare the Air to check if it’s a NO BURN DAY. Fines for burning on these days will result in a $50 fine for the first offense or attendance at an air quality awareness class. Check before you burn.