Subscribe to our Newsletter!
- Date Correction—SCUSD Strategic Plan Meeting at Kit Carson Tuesday May 3rd May 2, 2016
- Sacramento City School District Strategic Plan—Come Participate April 30, 2016
- City Parks Survey—Give Your Two Cents April 29, 2016
- City to Vote On McKinley Park Pond Plan April 26, 2016
- East Sacramento Preservation Offers $500 Scholarship April 21, 2016
Monthly Archives: November 2010
When you head east into Sacramento on I-80 you see them—row after row of tree lined streets. Few cities boast an urban forest as rich and mature as Sacramento’s. Currently, the health of the canopy is entrusted to the city’s Urban Forest Division , and the Sacramento Tree Foundation. Thanks to the Tree Foundation you can take a self guided tour of McKinley Park’s trees in East Sacramento.
November through February is the time for NO BURN DAYS in the Sacramento Valley. When the air quality reaches high levels of pollutants residents must not light indoor or outdoor fire places, fire pits or wood stoves. Go to the Spare the Air to check if it’s a NO BURN DAY. Fines for burning on these days will result in a $50 fine for the first offense or attendance at an air quality awareness class. Check before you burn.