Subscribe to our Newsletter!
- Ready, Set, Hike! East Sacramento Preservation Asks For Public Information On Proposed Utility Hike January 20, 2016
- Utility Rate Hike Proposed!! Come To The Clunie Meeting To Voice Your Opinion January 15, 2016
- Help Guide Sac City Unified January 14, 2016
- Help The Rose Garden—Join The Prune-A-Thon January 2, 2016
- East Sacramento Preservation—Year End Photo Gallery and Annual Report December 31, 2015
Monthly Archives: November 2010
When you head east into Sacramento on I-80 you see them—row after row of tree lined streets. Few cities boast an urban forest as rich and mature as Sacramento’s. Currently, the health of the canopy is entrusted to the city’s Urban Forest Division , and the Sacramento Tree Foundation. Thanks to the Tree Foundation you can take a self guided tour of McKinley Park’s trees in East Sacramento.
November through February is the time for NO BURN DAYS in the Sacramento Valley. When the air quality reaches high levels of pollutants residents must not light indoor or outdoor fire places, fire pits or wood stoves. Go to the Spare the Air to check if it’s a NO BURN DAY. Fines for burning on these days will result in a $50 fine for the first offense or attendance at an air quality awareness class. Check before you burn.