Subscribe to our Newsletter!
- 38th Street/East Sac Blood Drive June 28, 2016
- New Hiram Johnson Principal June 19, 2016
- Turtle territory: “Turtle lady” and park volunteers discuss city park ponds and the future of the popular reptilian residents June 12, 2016
- Young Scholars Win East Sacramento Preservation Scholarship June 6, 2016
- McKinley Village Lawsuit Update June 6, 2016
Monthly Archives: November 2010
When you head east into Sacramento on I-80 you see them—row after row of tree lined streets. Few cities boast an urban forest as rich and mature as Sacramento’s. Currently, the health of the canopy is entrusted to the city’s Urban Forest Division , and the Sacramento Tree Foundation. Thanks to the Tree Foundation you can take a self guided tour of McKinley Park’s trees in East Sacramento.
November through February is the time for NO BURN DAYS in the Sacramento Valley. When the air quality reaches high levels of pollutants residents must not light indoor or outdoor fire places, fire pits or wood stoves. Go to the Spare the Air to check if it’s a NO BURN DAY. Fines for burning on these days will result in a $50 fine for the first offense or attendance at an air quality awareness class. Check before you burn.