- Katia’s Corner on H Street Hosts ESP FUNraiser! May 21, 2015
- Tomorrow is the Day! May 16, 2015
- Transparency Meetings Continue/Mark Your Calendars May 15, 2015
- SMUD Community Workshop—HQ Building and Site Renovation Plan May 1, 2015
- McKinley Village Update April 27, 2015
Get East Sac Preservation Updates Right in your Email!
Click here to get your ad on our site as a sponsor.
Monthly Archives: November 2010
When you head east into Sacramento on I-80 you see them—row after row of tree lined streets. Few cities boast an urban forest as rich and mature as Sacramento’s. Currently, the health of the canopy is entrusted to the city’s Urban Forest Division , and the Sacramento Tree Foundation. Thanks to the Tree Foundation you can take a self guided tour of McKinley Park’s trees in East Sacramento.
November through February is the time for NO BURN DAYS in the Sacramento Valley. When the air quality reaches high levels of pollutants residents must not light indoor or outdoor fire places, fire pits or wood stoves. Go to the Spare the Air to check if it’s a NO BURN DAY. Fines for burning on these days will result in a $50 fine for the first offense or attendance at an air quality awareness class. Check before you burn.